Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Slow demands come 'round, squeeze the air and keep the rest out, it helps to write it down...

A balancing act of precariously stacked tea cups tipping water. My life right now. Just logged in and heard a song by Nada Surf on Sugarland Radio (I love this link and that it tells me I can't hear it outside the US, and I still can hear it in the UK!). Having a particularly difficult day. For months now I've been moaning about needing to reduce my workload, particularly the quantity of papers I have to mark. And today they have just overwhelmed me, like they did yesterday too. It's only lunchtime and I can barely stand to look at another 3,000 word student submission because of the time it takes to read and re read and mark, because the sun is just coming out and I want to be in my garden planting seeds, because of the clever words I need to conjure up to mark the papers, because my body is stiff from sitting in a chair, because I need to move and breathe fresh air and get this stuck feeling off my chest and out of me... but alas, a blog-rant is better than no rant and so now I shall return to marking papers...only 3 more to do today, but that's 4 and half hours to go....

added note: No wonder I'm feeling so odd today; I just re read where I was a year ago this week and it was the height of bliss! Sometimes the body knows it shouldn't be sitting down all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment