'Full of such sensual detail that to read it is to breathe it in.'
- Jo Shapcott [review, Greyhound Night Service]

After a long pause

It's true that I have not been adding to my blog for the past ten months, so in honour of it being summer, and finally having a break from teaching and more specifically, writing lectures, I am now going back and retrospectively adding to the blog by finally typing up the scrawled notes I have collected for posts over the last academic year. If you are following and you find posts from months ago, please bear with me as I add pieces written from September 2018 through to present (3-4 posts most likely).

My challenge is to catch up over the next few weeks, and to realign myself to the present moment.

In the present moment of this month, I was most pleased to find a copy of The Valley Press Anthology of Prose Poetry arrive through my door. This beautifully-made anthology is one that I am proud to be published in. The editors did a fantastic job and each page reads like a little cluster of jewelled words. Reading it has given me inspiration for new writing and a solid sense of the present moment through the imagery in these prose poems. I count it as the beginning of my summer.

Buy your own copy of it here: The Valley Press Anthology of Prose Poetry

Comments