'Full of such sensual detail that to read it is to breathe it in.'
- Jo Shapcott [review, Greyhound Night Service]

Imagination

And the radishes are ready, the first of all my vegetables to be transcending to my table and soon into my stomach! Tonight for dinner I will be trying the following recipe from a lovely cookbook by Abel & Cole (I especially love how they do measurements)


Jersey Royal and Radish Salad

Serves 4-6

2 big handfuls of Jersey Royal Potatoes [or any other succulent small potato]

1 mug of radishes, topped, tailed and quartered

1 mug pitted olives

1 block feta cheese, crumbled

2 tbsp capers [optional! I don't like them so leave them out]

The dressing:

2 glugs olive oil

1 glug balsamic vinegar

handful of fresh basil, torn


Give the potatoes a quick wash (no need to peel), then boil them in a big pot of water for about 20 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork. Drain and set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to a large bowl. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into chunks and add them to the bowl. Whisk together the dressing, toss through the salad and top with basil.

Viola! Maybe I'll have this for lunch instead of dinner...

Comments